Week of Nov 2-6
Topic: Cell Energy
Chemical Reactions Wkst.
Photosynthesis Review- Due Mon, Nov 2nd (see below)
Reading ?’s 4.4- Due Wed, Nov 4th
Reading ?’s 4.5- Due Fri, Nov 6th
Rate of Photosynthesis- Lab Report- Due Tues, Nov 3rd
Trash or Treasure Lab?
Revision- Due Fri, Nov 6th
Photosynthesis Quiz- Tues, Nov 3rd
- State the equations for photosynthesis in both words and formulas.
- In which organelle does photosynthesis take place?
- Make a simple drawing of the above organelle and label the following parts: thylakoid, grana, stroma
- Define pigment.
- Describe how absorption and reflection impact the color of an object
- Describe why its beneficial for a plant to have more than one pigment (accessory pigments)
- Trace the solar energy captured by the photosynthetic pigment through the thylakoid membrane (light-dependent reactions)
- What reactant of photosynthesis is used in the light-dependent reactions?
- What are the products of the light-dependent reactions?
- What reactant of photosynthesis is used in the light-independent reactions (Calvin cycle)?
- Explain how the reactant of photosynthesis (listed in #10) and the products are the light-dependent reactions (listed in #9) are used in the Calvin cycle?
- Describe the steps in the light-dependent reactions (Calvin cycle).
- What is the product of the Calvin cycle?
- What is this product (your answer to #14) turned into?
- What is the Calvin cycle called a cycle?