Topic: Excretory & Immune Systems
Excretory System Test- Thurs, May 18th
Excretory System Review
1) Describe the major functions of the excretory system
2) What organs do the job of excretion?
3) What is the function of these organs: kidneys, bladder
4) Trace the pathway of urine from where it is made to where it exits the body
5) Describe three processes which occur in the nephron.
6) When functioning properly, the nephron will excreted what substances as waste?
7) When functioning properly, the nephron will reabsorb what substance the passing blood?
8) Why is a urinalysis exam such a powerful tool for doctors in diagnosing disease?
9) Describe what occurs in kidney dialysis
10) What abnormalities are found in the urinalysis of a diabetic patient? Why are these so?
11) What abnormalities are found in the urinalysis of a patient with severe anemia? Why are these so?